Wednesday 12 November 2014

Review: Black Lies by Alessandra Torre *NSFW*


22471294
*NSFW*

Black lies
Written by Alessandra Torre
Pages:290
Published: August 14th 2014
Format Read: Ebook

Synopsis

Brant: 
Became a tech billionaire by his twentieth birthday. Has been in a relationship with me for 3 years.
Has proposed 4 times. Been rejected 4 times.
Lee: 
Cuts grass when he’s not banging housewives. Good with his hands, his mouth, and his cock. Has been pursued relentlessly by me for almost 2 years, whether he knows it or not.
Go ahead. Judge me. You have no idea what my love entails.
If you think you’ve heard this story before, trust me – you haven’t.


Plot

Unique is the one word I would use to describe this book. It had such a different plot to your standard rich boy and unhappy girl romance novel. I really loved this novel it is by far one of the best romances I have read. The plot is really what did it for me it was the fact that you have no idea what is really going on until the 3/4 of the book. Things are hinted at and suggested in a way that makes you think the worst of both the characters but nothing gets explained until that 3/4. This is what makes you keep reading, throughout the whole book I cant kept asked what? and why? it was unputdownable for this reason.

I also loved the characters, you have the standard handsome billionaire and the unhappy rich female that feels her life isn't complete. Yea I know sounds cheesy but in this book the characters don't seem silly. Along side these characters you have a power hungry auntie who trys to control Brant (the billionaire) and make as much money as she can. You also have a crazy obsessed female that has her nutty heart set on Brant. Overall the characters where a great mix of crazy, money and well more crazy.

I found going into this book really daunting because at the start it basically say this book will be hard to read and the story wasn't easy. I find sad romances really hard because they make my moods go nuts. so I was pleasantly surprised that is wasn't that hard for me to read so if that's what stopping you reading this you don't need to fear. I would recommend this to any romance lover or any lover of awesome plots. This book easily got into my favorites of 2014.

*5 stars out of 5*

No comments: