Sunday 12 October 2014

Review: The Mist by Stephen King


813214 
                                                                                 



The Mist
Written by Stephen King
Pages:230
First Published:1980
Format Read: EBook

It's a hot, lazy day, perfect for a cookout, until you see those strange dark clouds. Suddenly a violent storm sweeps across the lake and ends as abruptly and unexpectedly as it had begun. Then comes the mist...creeping slowly, inexorably into town, where it settles and waits, trapping you in the supermarket with dozens of others, cut off from your families and the world. The mist is alive, seething with unearthly sounds and movements. What unleashed this terror? Was it the Arrowhead Project---the top secret government operation that everyone has noticed but no one quite understands? And what happens when the provisions have run out and you're forced to make your escape, edging blindly through the dim light?
Review
Never before has a book made me feel sick and put me to a close to puking point. The Mist disturbed me on many levels. There was the mist which is already creepy enough without added speculations and then there was my worst nightmare added in. Huge Spiders, not just huge though Stephen King also had to give them webs that could slice your skin. I liked the variety of all the different characters it seemed quite realistic to the variety you would get if something like that happened in real life. For me that helped it seem more "real" that along with the way different people acted in face of an emergency. I mean the butcher cooked to help handle it and this would be truthful in a real situation. Some people would cry in a corner and others will get down and do things weather important or not.






The only disappointing part of this book was the ending. It was kinda the make up what happens your self ending which really just didn't float my boat. So I will never truly know what happened to them. This is why it doesn't get the 5 stars I was going to give it.

Overall I loved this book. I'm so glad I picked it up and managed to read in in one sitting. This was my second Stephen King and I really want to work my way though much much more of his works. I have a lot to catch up on. I can tell Stephen will become one of my favorite authors very quickly. I wouldn't recommend this book to people who are extremely paranoid and are freaked out easily because mist is a common occurrence and I know i'm going to look at it very differently from now on.

4.5 out of 5 Stars

No comments: