Tuesday 23 September 2014

Under The Never Sky

16128429Under The Never Sky
Written by Veronica Rossi
Pages: 374
Published:  ATOM December 1st, 2011
Form Read: Physical
Synopsis

Exiled from her home, the enclosed city of Reverie, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland--known as The Death Shop--are slim. If the cannibals don't get her, the violent, electrified energy storms will. She's been taught that the very air she breathes can kill her. Then Aria meets an Outsider named Perry. He's wild--a savage--and her only hope of staying alive.  A hunter for his tribe in a merciless landscape, Perry views Aria as sheltered and fragile--everything he would expect from a Dweller. But he needs Aria's help too; she alone holds the key to his redemption. Opposites in nearly every way, Aria and Perry must accept each other to survive. Their unlikely alliance forges a bond that will determine the fate of all who live under the never sky.

Review

I went in to this book knowing nothing apart from that it was a dystopian. Im so glad I did that. I assumed it would be a book set in space and that it would remind me of Linked by Imogen Howson and Avalon by Mindee Arnett, but I was very wrong . I loved this book so much it would be one of my favorites that i'v read so far this year. I can tell I will continue thinking about it for days and weeks to come. I will remember at least drips and drabs of in a few years time. 


My favorite part of this book was the adorable romance. I'm a sucker for romance as you know so the one I got from this book was giggle worthy it was cute and sad and really everything you would want in a YA romance. The book is really more of a romance survival than a dystopian in my opinion. It definitely had the general distopian aspects there just wasn't as much as there was romance and survival. I liked how the main female was just chucked into this new world with only an angry local to guild her, help her and teach her about many things. It was cool seeing the mains relationship grow from "how the hell did I end up with you" to "I wish I didn't have to leave you".

It reminded me little of one of my favorite books Ready Player One by Ernest Cline because of the place called the realms which was a virtual reality where people on the inside got to experience "real" life and travel and all that good stuff. Over all I didnt find a fault to this book which is why it got such a high rating from me. This book was just full of good stuff. So if your a fan of dystopian, romance, survival and fighting I would highly recomend this book. I can't wait to continue on with this series.
5 out of 5 Stars

No comments: