Monday 22 September 2014

The Murder Complex


13576132 

The Murder Complex
By Lindsey Cummings
Pages: 398
Published: Greenwillow Books, June 10 2014 
Form Read: Ebook

Synopsis
Meadow Woodson, a fifteen-year-old girl who has been trained by her father to fight, to kill, and to survive in any situation, lives with her family on a houseboat in Florida. The state is controlled by The Murder Complex, an organization that tracks the population with precision.

The plot starts to thicken when Meadow meets Zephyr James, who is—although he doesn’t know it—one of the MC’s programmed assassins. Is their meeting a coincidence? Destiny? Or part of a terrifying strategy? And will Zephyr keep Meadow from discovering the haunting truth about her family?

Review

I LOVED The Murder Complex. Okay so this books was amazing I loved almost every Moment of it. The main female character was so bad ass and then you had the slightly wussy but still hella bad ass male main and gah just loved everything about this novel. 

This book in my opinion is built on a plot twist, at least that how i'm explaining it in my head. The world and whats happening in it are rather confusing(still good don't get me wrong) until you find out this rather large plot twist that's basically like this is whats happening and why and who.

I really liked the dirty feeling boarded up world and honestly I loved all the murder. Murder is basically what this book is about if you hadn't guessed from the title. Every night tonns of people are killed and the wards(orphaned children who get treated like poo) get to scrape all the bodies off where ever they were killed and burn them all. Food is scarce and hard to get and you step out of line you get shot in the head. I loved the brutality of this dystopian book and haven't read another dystopian quite like it.

The one thing I didn't like about this book was the romance. It wasn't built on very well and it felt very rushed and we shoved in. It was also a little too gushy for the bad ass characters I had in my head and over all felt like it didn't belong. It would of still been a great book without it if not better without the romance in my opinion. Although I do have to say im a sucker for romance so I look forward to seeing there relationship grow in the next book. which of course I can not wait for and is being released next year. I would recommend this book to anyone who loves bad ass characters and whats a fresh look on dystopian novels.

Rating 4.5 out of 5 Stars

No comments: