Monday 15 September 2014

The Giver

8309278


The Giver
Lois Lowry
Pages - 179
Published - First in 1993

*Warning, Mild Spoilers*

Synopsis


There is no turning back once you learn the truth.

Twelve-year-old Jonas lives in a seemingly ideal world. 
Not until he is given his life assignment as the Receiver does he begin to understand the dark secrets behind this fragile community.


Review
The Giver would be the best dystopian novel I have read. It would also be one of the most intense and horrible ones I have read. The giver a short novel that got straight to the point and didn't mess around with romance and friendships gone wrong and all those things that modern dystopians had, it was purely a novel about a dystopian world where all but two people couldn't see colour. I liked the main character because he was brave and took most truth he was given with out making a big fuss about it. He instantly realize things where messed up when he got the information there was none of that "your lying!" stuff he just took the information and thought. In the end of the books he does the right thing and saves a innocent. Over all I loved this books I can't thing of any big faults that I found. I would recommend this to any dystopian lover but if your really into romance I would stay away.

I can't wait to continue on with the rest of the series next month. I'm very interested to see what happens next and if a rebellion is started. I would also love to see the movie sometime soon as I want to see how they portray the world and if the move does the book justice.

4 out of 5 Stars

No comments: