Tuesday 26 August 2014

The Assassins Curse


13533650 

The Assassins Curse
By Cassandra Rose Clark
Pages: 298
Publisher: Strange Chemistry, 2012. (sadly they are shutting down so go by their books!)

Synopsis
Ananna of the Tanarau abandons ship when her parents try to marry her off to another pirate clan. But that only prompts the scorned clan to send an assassin after her. When Ananna faces him down one night, armed with magic she doesn't really know how to use, she accidentally activates a curse binding them together. To break the spell, Ananna and the assassin must complete three impossible tasks--all while grappling with evil wizards, floating islands, haughty manticores, runaway nobility, strange magic...and the growing romantic tension between them.

Review
I loved this book it was a great quick entertaining read. I loved the characters, Ananna is an awesome tom boy like pirate who doesn't take peoples sh#* and Naji is a bad ass yet sensitive assassin who has a large scar on his face. I found the story really memorable and enjoyable, its a week later and I find my sef thinking about it all the time still. It was hard to put down as I just wanted to see what was going to happen next.
It talks about blood magic which I really liked as I haven't read many books about the slightly gory type of magic. The curse the the Naji gets is really interesting how it binds him to Ananna, the curse was probably my favorite aspect of the book because it was the back bone to the book and it helped build the relationship of the two main characters. The assassins Curse didn't really have a climax as such, but it had two smaller events at the end unlike most books that will have something big happen at the end and then taper it off at the end. It had the beginnings of a romance that left you hanging at the end and I think that will develop further in the next book, A pirates Wish. I really wish this was a longer serises because its so could and I wish I had more than one book of Ananna and Naji's adventures.
I can't wait to read the next book, currently just waiting to get my Kobo so it can be one of the first books I read on there. I would recommend this to any young adult fiction fans who like romance, adventure, assassins and pirates. I feel its a YA that caters to both female and male genders.

4 out of 5 Stars

No comments: